Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our first Christmas Together

I'm dreaming of a Texas Christmas, just like the ones I used to know, where longhorns replace reindeer and Santa wears hunting gear and there's not a single flake of snow, oh no...

My family moved from Texas when I was 15. But although we left the state we really never left Texas; we brought it wtih us. So despite the fact that Mark and I were spending the hollidays in Vegas, it was still a Texas Christmas. Every year my family decorates our traditional Texas tree, which towered over mine and Mark's Christmas tree:
We chopped it down in the woods

It  was tiny,

When Mark and I got to Vegas we had gotten so used to out tiny tree that we forgot how big the Texas tree was (everythings bigger in Texas). It was a bit of a shock at first, but that's what a Texas Christmas is all about:


 


tinsel is for sissies we use lasso





and of course there's the lone star on top


Even our Buffalo got into the Christmas spirit

Santa and his longhorns came all the way to Vegas for us. He gave me a Texas cook book and the 3rd season of "How I Met Your Mother." He gave Mark my social security card (which read Kristin Romney BISHOP) and a bunch of fruit snacks. Sadly after Christmas we again had to return to Provo, but not after a an interesting stop in Beaver, UT. Stay tuned for that story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment