Friday, January 28, 2011

The Best Way to Eat Blue Bell

Blue Bell Ice Cream is the greatest invention of our time. Cell phones, laptops, Tivo - They all pale in comparison to Blue Bell Homemade Ice Cream. The only state that it is commonly sold in is the state most  deserving of it's heavenly deliciousness: Texas. BUT there are some places where you can find a little Blue Bell outside of the mother land. Caraba's Italian Grill is one of those places. They sell it (for a small fortune) by the bowl. 

In February of 2010, Mark told me we were going to go get some Blue Bell . . . I believed him. Then he made a detour. He drove me up to Y-mountain (where he had first told me that he loved me) and as we pulled into the parking lot I could have sworn that I saw Stacey Mawhinney. Mark assured me that I was mistaken, but I know a Mawhinney when I see one. So I became suspicious. We had been to that spot many times before and we always watched the sunset from inside the warmth of our car but this time Mark wanted to get out. So I became suspicious-er. We sat next to each other on a rock and he started going on about how much he loved me and all the mushy stuff we usually avoid. So I became more suspicious-er. after confessing his never-ending love, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. My response: I knew that was Stacey Mawhinney! She was there filming the whole thing. She congratulated us on our engagement and then Mark made good on his promise to go to Caraba's to get some Blue Bell Ice Cream. It was divine! Nothing tastes better than Blue Bell after a proposal.



My engagement ring with out the band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment