Saturday, January 29, 2011

Horse and Buggy Bridals

Taking bridals is an interesting tradition. Usually a girl dresses up in her wedding dress and a photographer comes to shoot pictures of just her. But in my opinion why waste pictures on just the Bride when you have a perfectly handsome Groom just lying around? So Mark and I decided to do the bridals together. Now I really can't take any credit for how awesome my bridals are. It all goes to my wonderful sister, Robin. She told me of a photographer she likes in St. George and thought up the whole photo shoot. She found a farm near her home with an antique horse-drawn buggy and she talked to the farmer who allowed us to use a horse. Then as if that weren't enough she stayed for the entire photo shoot giving the photographer ideas. She is amazing!
Here are the results of all her hard work:










The day before the shoot Robin and I went garage saling and we found these old timey looking suit cases. We bought them for $5 and used them in the shoot to create a running away theme









Robin and I made the bouquet with some loose flowers we bought from a market and a few we pulled out of a Walmart parking lot.

Robin also made this beautiful hair pin for me out of my grandmothers broach




The shoot was almost over when my mom suddenly pounced on something in the field. She caught a frog! and of course we had to use it for the shoot. Poor little thing's heart was beating so fast. But he made a great Prince Charming

I'm sure the frog is thinking
"this is it, I'm a gonner"

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Love this post! These are some of the funnest bridals I have ever seen. and I love the way you say mom pounced on the frog ha ha so funny. Good blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very creative pictures if I may say so myself.

    ReplyDelete