Sunday, January 30, 2011

Turning Over a New Leaf (Our Wedding)

In the moments before you get married you would think that any conversation you had with your soon to be spouse would be profound. The topic would probably be "Something Like Love," the words would probably be similar to "I promise to love you forever..." That is not the conversation Mark and I had in our last minutes as single people.

We talked about turning over a new leaf . . . literally: the act of picking up and leaf and turning it over. How in the world did that come to mean changing your life? It doesn't make sense! (I think we might have mentioned something about snails too but that conversation was cut short by the beginning of the ceremony).

On May 29th 2010, Mark and I put our conversation about leaves and slimey snails on hold to get married. The whole day was beautiful: sweltering hot in that dress, but beautiful.



After the wedding we took the usual pics with family:










Of course the only way to make Calvin smile is to sing. 
As you can tell by the photo below there are only two little 
monkeys swinging on the tree.

                                      
Den I had argu'd wif my cuzin's
(no day iz complete wifout arguin' wif my cuzin's)


 Cardboard Justin was a  big hit

 As were my shoes

Then we took things to the strip:

At the reception we danced,

 Ate some cake


Then danced some more:



These little girls literally thought I was princess

They followed me around all night taking pictures with me


After it was all over we ran into a hail of birdseed:

Watch Carefully:

The girl with the arrow above her,
threw the handful of birdseed in the circle 

 Milliseconds later it is all in my mouth and she is laughing at me!

Despite a mouthful of birseeed Mark and I still managed to ride 
off into the sunset to finish our conversation of how the expression
"turning over a new leaf" came about.

No comments:

Post a Comment